Thursday, October 3, 2013

Halloween Blog Hop

 



I love Halloween! Not as much as some do though. My brother and sister-in-law have me beat, they got married in Vegas one Halloween by Dracula. My mother dressed up as a mummy because she was the "mummy of the groom". I kid you not!

But I can remember as a teen dressing up (usually as a cheerleader), and going out with my friends to Trick-or-treat and egging each other. Man that was fun! Messy, but fun! And cold too, I'm originally from the northeast, USA. Near Amityville, NY in fact, and I've gone Trick-or-treating on the same block as the Amityville Horror House. That might sound cool and scary, but it wasn't. It's just an ordinary house. One year they left a bench at the end of the driveway with candy in it.

As an adult I still dress up, but I don't egg anyone nowadays, although there are a few people I'd like to. What I like most, is the dress up part. It's fun to just let go and be someone else for a little while, and I like to have my picture taken too. My daughter just got her first "real" job aside from babysitting. She's working at a Halloween store. Can you say 25% discount? Heck yeah, I'm going shopping!

Here are some of my costumes over the years (there's more but I don't have access to those photos at the moment):


Leave a comment here on my blog and I will enter you in my giveaway (winner decided by random.org). Winner chooses an eBook from my Silken BDSM series, or The 13th Floor - the first in a paranormal novella series. 
Both are adult reads 18+. Enter October 3rd & 4th only.




16 comments:

  1. Love your costume pics and I think it is wicked cool that you have been trick or treating on the same block as the Amityville Horror House even if it is just an ordinary house!!!! I love taking my daughter trick or treating every year, I get to act like a kid and no one can complain for that day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your costumes look fab, I don't think we celebrate halloween as much over here in the UK loved dressing up when i was younger and love taking my girls trick or treating although the younger ones get scared of the costumes lol yeah having a creepy house on the street must of been exciting and scary hehe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you really go all out with your costumes I don't dress up I just eat the candy- people leave it on basket outside their apartment doors

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!! I love the costume, especially the Merlotte's waitress one.Happy Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your costumes, bet you had a blast. Trick or treat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly J Gill, random.org chose you as the winner! Email me at laci_paige@yahoo.com
      Congrats!

      Delete
  6. I am so glad Sable is doing the Halloween blog hop. I can meet new authors yay. Thanks for participating. And its a pleasure to meet you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for helping Sable with this!!!! I love meeting new authors. Your BDSM series caught my interest. I will find them and place them on my TBR list. Thank you again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the costumes.. up until a few years ago dressed up when i took my children around.. Now they have decided more fun going with their friends.. but the moving hand in the candy bowl is still i think the best part of the candy giving..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love fall and seeing the little ones dressed up

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super jealous of your trick or treating haunts, regardless of how ordinary they seemed! Where I live they don't even trick or treat on Halloween, they do it the day before so the town can have a parade they day of... total silliness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun having your daughter working at a Halloween store! I've never been real creative with my costumes but one year I dressed up as a half-man half woman. It was the most unique costume at the party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holly J Gill is the winner! Congrats! =)
    Thanks to everyone who stopped by! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the "mummy of the groom" bit...and is that Sookie Stackhouse you are dressed up as?! I do love those hot True Blood vampires!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool pics. Thanks for the giveaway.

    mythic021@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete