Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Kristina Jackson and Snuff




My guest blogger is Kristina Jackson, author of The Fools Journey. Today she discusses Snuff, and no not the pulverized tobacco product, but the novel Snuff by Terry Pratchett. Kristina discusses how it just magically jumped into her shopping basket! It's funny how books can do that.

Snuff!

Last week I was talking about Terry Pratchett, this week I am reading him. I took the wheelchair to Tesco, for the first time on my own a few weeks back. There at hand height was Snuff, for £2.99. I swear it jumped into the basket on my knee.  For the last year at least I have been reading nothing but Indie authors. But this book kept calling to me. The siren call was too loud. I gave in.

When Commander Vimes, the never off duty policeman, is forced to go on a restful holiday to the country. He discovers an ancient crime more terrible than any murder.  He finds himself in a situation almost totally out of his control.  But where there is a crime, there is a chase. Where there is a crime there needs to be a punishment.

So far this book is proving hard to put down. When I am also reading true crime and smuggling books. Let alone the local history ones I have. It proves what a good book this is.


***********

Bio of Kristina Jackson
"One day you will write your own book, just let your heart guide you."

Those were the immortalised words of my teacher in the 5th Year of Primary School; I was 8 at the time. I'd just had a short story published in the school magazine, and won a prize of a book for my privilege. I knew I had wanted to write since I could write sentences. 28 years later I am realising that dream.

I am Kristina Jackson. I am in my mid thirties, wife, mother of two, owner of one dog and slave to two cats. One of my cats, Bono, is my writing companion. He is often found sharing my lap with my laptop or partially draped over the keyboard if I am using the laptop on the desk.

I suffer from a condition called POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) I have become disabled by it, but as physical doors have shut the mental ones opened. Now I have so many ideas, and the ideas are throwing out so many characters who are each threatening to run away with my remaining sanity.

It is anybody's guess where this will now lead.

Book Blurb for The Fools Journey, by Kristina Jackson
Moira thinks she has everything she wants… The job, the house, the clothes but why is she still so unhappy?

Her world falls apart when she witnesses a terrible crime. Running away she comes across a psychic fair and a spur-of-the-moment decision to have a tarot card reading changes everything. The reading helps her see what she should do. When she quits her job, sells her home and moves to Wales, friends and family start to believe she is losing her sanity.

Can learning to read Tarot cards, help Moira learn more about herself and guide her to a happier future? Will the cards also be able to help her with her unwanted poltergeist guest or more disturbingly the handsome neighbour?


Social media
Twitter @KJ_author
Publishing website – www.littleacornspublishing.com 

Tweet - Can #tarotcards help a woman to find her path. #ghosts #hauntedhouse #paranormal#romance ow.ly/b7sJd @KJ_author 

Selling links

***Have you read Snuff? If not what was your most recent read?

No comments:

Post a Comment